Monday, December 5, 2011

Here is what I've been up to...

I know, I know, I haven't posted in a century. I feel like it happens to every "blogger" at least a few times a year (unless you're a professional blogger...yeah, there's a profession for that now).

So, I figured I would post about what I've been up to as an excuse to why I haven't blogged (this should be long).

I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with many awesome photographers and models over the past several months...as well, as the honor to work with some beautiful brides! Here are a few photos of the past few months' work.
(In the future I am going to try to do a post for each photoshoot or wedding, but at this point I am playing catch up)

Ashley Lands was an extremely talented model I did a beach photoshoot with photographer Herbart Ruiz.


This photo was from a ranch photoshoot I did with photographer Ryan Sheehy. He is incredible at what he does and we had fun working with the horse...although it got a bit difficult after awhile and we lost the sun quickly, but the end result was great!


This is model Paola Duque, she's a young Colombian beauty! This photoshoot was with Image Works 123 at Disney's Boardwalk, there were some beautiful rooms in the resorts and lovely scenery around the boardwalk!


This was a photoshoot that Anette was doing for her husband coming home from being on military leave. We shot in Ty with TKT Photography's studio. Both Anette and Ty were a pleasure to work with and we had a lot of fun.


These are a few photos from a shoot I did with photographer Emily Roman. I had a lot of fun on this shoot because it was just girls...well besides the 1 male model haha


This shoot was a lot of fun for me! The photographer, Julia Mariel, requested a gothic makeup look, which is not something I get to do often. Julia, the model Rebecca Belmont, the wardrobe stylist Cherie Pickett, and I are actually collaborating on another shoot  for January that is going to be the most fun yet, so stay tuned for that!



And last but certainly not least, here are some of the weddings I've done in the recent months...

 Zach has been best friends with my boyfriend, Chris, since they were young kids at bandcamp (haha) so naturally Chris hoped that Lindsey and I would hit it off and fulfill his dream for the 4 of us to live happily ever after together. It's hard not to love Lindsey, I see why Zach married her (especially after seeing these wedding photos, how gorgeous does she look?!). She is so much fun to be around and was an absolute joy do makeup on. Their special day was so beautiful, I was just honored to be a part of it.


Amanda was my only roommate from college, so when she asked me be her makeup artist for her day I was beyond thrilled. She is a stunning bride so it made my job a breeze :) and her and JP looked so happy, it was a very special thing to see since I've known the couple since I was...18(?!) wow! All her bridesmaids were a pleasure to work on and they all looked so beautiful!



That is just some of what I've been up to...pretty good excuse for not blogging, huh?! I've had the wonderful opportunity to quit my part time job and do makeup full time so I've been working on my business and focusing on my passion. I feel so blessed to be doing this with my life and it makes me so happy every single day. I couldn't have done it without my loving and supportive other half, Chris. He makes me a better person every day and constantly pushes me to grow my business and as a person. I am so thankful for his and my family's support!
Thank you everyone and if you would like to see more of my work please check out the "Gallery" on my website, www.raemakeup.com!



♥Rae


1 comment:

  1. All these pictures showcase your talent well Rachel. Of course I am partial to the ones of Lindsey :-) It's good to see your hard work is paying off. Ann W.

    ReplyDelete