Friday, February 11, 2011

The Necklace to End All Necklaces

Well my friends, by popular demand I present to you the greatest necklace of all time...my Betsey Johnson elephante necklace. I received this stunning piece as a gift from my mother for loving me as much as she does. She purchased it off ebay for 1/4 of the price than I'm sure it cost and gifted me with it's glory. This is no ordinary necklace it was purged from the depths of the...ha ha I could go on about this gaudy piece and keep us all in suspense but I don't want to come off idolizing it too much or anything since it is an image of a large animal with horns and all...so without further ado, here it is:



Seriously though, I get more comments on this piece of jewelry than anything else I've ever owned, from both women AND men. This came as a surprise because it's quite large and colorful and just outright out there, but people LOVE it for some reason. I'm not quite sure what it is about this necklace, but every time I wear it, without fail, I get multiple comments. I feel like it's a rather bold piece, so the popularity of my elephant makes me think that maybe everyone should make some bold statements of their own once in awhile...we all seem to like it on me, why not you?

I love Betsey Johnson for many reasons, first being that she is bold so I think we can all take some tips from her and her boldness (not in the hair department, however. :/ Sorry, I may not like to brush mine everyday either but that look just ain't workin'). SO I thought it would be fun to give some examples of some Betsey pieces, animal inspired, that could really spice up a rather dull outfit. I'm not sayin' go out and buy these exact pieces because, like my elephant necklace, some of her older stuff may be near impossible to find. BUT I would like us all to be inspired by the Betsey-ness.

 These funky monkeys would be a wild way to make any outfit more fun.

Love, love, love this elephant ring!

 Leopard. nough said.

Let this slither it's way into your style.

This dragonfly would look very elegant as a brooch or necklace.

Leopard attack!!!!!!! Please please please never wear pieces like this all together...I see that far too often than it should ever happen, especially since I work in a place where I'm in contact with a lot of retired women.

OMG I need this elephant bracelet!!!

I have this spidey bracelet. It's the closest I'll ever get to a spider and it gives a very elegant, gothic, kinda feel.

I think we all get the jist of it and I need to hurry and end this post so that I can go stalk down where to buy that elephant bracelet :P We could all use a little wildness in our wardrobe every once in awhile. A necklace, bracelet, earrings, or even a brooch similar to any of these may seem a little bold for your style but trust me when I say you're not going to be gawked at for wearing something unique. My elephant necklace experience is evidence enough that the masses will enjoy your willingness to be a little out there.

xo Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment