Sunday, February 20, 2011

Strawberry Fudge

I have a confession to make...In my last post when I presented my "every day" no makeup look, well that wasn't completely the truth. While I don't wear a full face of makeup everyday I probably only present myself to work like that 2 out of 5 days a work-week. Sometimes I may wake up too late, be too tired, or lose track of time while I stare at the wall as I drink my coffee on the couch so then I have to rush through my morning routine and skip most of the makeup. On a typical day, however, I wear simple, quick makeup which I usually aim to accomplish in less than 15 minutes.
The morning after my Valentine's night out I recreated that same look with a few tweaks to transform that concept into an everyday wearable look. Here is the result:
This is closer to how I present myself on an every day basis

Almost every aspect of this look and the one from the night before are identical, all I did was skip a few steps, quickened the pace and toned a few things down. I'll just highlight the changes I made to the steps I did from my last post.
As you can see I'm still in my pj's since it's 7:30 in the morning

The differences I made in foundation application are that I used Loreal's True Match as my foundation and used that Cover FX cream foundation as a concealer. The reason for this is mostly $$! The True Match foundations are a great drugstore liquid foundation, there are options for you to find the best color for your skin tone and the makeup quality is good for the price. I also like to do this because I don't need as heavy coverage when I'm just living my day to day life. Since the Cover FX cream foundations are such heavy coverage they work great as a concealer which I use for my dark circles under my eyes, around my nose and then for any blemishes or discoloration (I don't always have the best complexion).
I highlighted the same as I had the night before, used the same blush, but skipped the contouring, for time's sake.

Since it's almost spring soft colors like pinks and purples are great

The Lancome Definicil mascara has really made a difference in my eyelashes. I'll have to do a post soon about the before and after of how it's improved the quality of my lashes' lives.

After using the pinks from my Clinique Strawberry Fudge set as blush I wanted to try the rest of the colors out. 


I used the light pink on the outer corner of my eye in a V-shape and brought it up so that the pink would be very visible. Next, with a fluffy brush, I used the lighter brown in the outer corner to define the crease and blended it with the pink to warm up that color while darkening the crease. Lastly, I swept that Sephora shimmery eyeshadow from the inner corner of my eye upwards to the brow bone and then took the fluffy brush again to blend where the white and pink/brown meet to make sure there weren't any harsh edges. The look is meant to be soft.
The only other difference I made was used the dark brown color to line the upper lash line with an angled brush, and brought this line out. After that I used the liquid eyeliner only on the outer half of the upper lash line, as to not make the line too dramatic since this look is intended for an everyday wear. I used the shimmery white eyeshadow under the inner half of the bottom lash line and the light brown on the outer half. I skipped lining the waterline with white. Curled and mascara-ed the lashes and I was done!

And that's how you take a makeup look from night to day! Same colors and products but I toned some things down and was able to do this with plenty of time to sip my coffee and watch the morning news.

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment