Friday, January 14, 2011

Pink Friday!

It's a pink day today with my new special edition Pink Friday Mac lipstick by Nicki Minaj. Seen here is Nicki Minaj's latest album cover titled "Pink Friday" where, conveniently enough, she models her own perfectly pink lipstick she designed with Mac.
A few months ago this lip color went on sale on Mac's website only for Black Friday (makes sense now, huh?). Mac sold out of this hot color very quickly (something like before 11AM) so luckily they made it available for purchase every Friday for the 4 weeks after Thanksgiving. Since it was so limited I knew I had to have one of my own.  And here is my Pink Friday on this beautiful Friday afternoon:
The color is a very fun matte bubblegum pink. I must say it's not a lipstick for everyday wear, but it is HOT. It's so vibrant that it's almost cartoonish so I felt the need to tone it down with a tinted lip gloss, as seen below.
I also did a fun purple eye with this lip color that was inspired by the Barbie's of my childhood like such:
Barbie always had fun bright colored eyeshadow in blue, pink, purple, ect, that girl had some style! I seemed to remember this morning a particular pink clad doll with purple done up eyes that inspired me at my makeup vanity when thinking about my new Pink Friday lipstick. So here's to you Barbie!
I hope you enjoyed this very pink post and all have a happy Friday and fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment